Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Why there are a lot of out of school youth here in the Philippines? Why are the children s' right are deprive form this privileges, to have a free educational program of the Government?
Here are some TOP 10 reasons why there is out of school youth here in the Philippines.
1. INCAPABLE GOVERNMENT, the sovereign Filipino people of the Philippines Government does not have the ability to give a good and standard education. Where funds for new projects that would provide the learners a good habitat for learning is being deprive from them because of the rampant corruption of its officers.
We all know that the Government are trying there best to give the needs of the students like books, classrooms and a teacher that would facilitate the learners, but this is not good enough for the people need a Government that is not deaf enough to hear the cries of children being squeeze into tiny classrooms and having a booming population of more than 70 plus students.
We need a Government who is not blind to see teachers leaving the country looking for greener pastures and teachers who are teaching in different levels at the same time but with less books. This is the sacrifices and long suffering of Filipino people. The Government have already demolished already our right for a better education therefore the Government of the Philippines needs a quick change of its wrong system of governing its nation.
2. POVERTY, even the education is free, many Filipinos can not afford still to go to school because of the lack of essential needs like bag, notebooks, paper, writing materials etch.. We cannot really deny the fact that the Philippines is a third world country where poverty is rampant and the hardships of life is in one package deal already. To very poor people they can not even afford to eat three times a day that's why it is more important for them is food rather than investing for the education for there children.
3. UNSUPPORTABLE PARENTS, what are the qualifications of unsupportable parents; one is they are the anti-motivator they don't motivate there children to go to school instead they are manipulating there children not to go to school.
This Parents don't give any moral support like, “bakit ka pa kasi nag-aaral imbes tumulong ka dito sa bahay o sa bukirin” In English term “why do you go to school instead of helping us here in the house or in the field” and lastly even though how eager the child would want to go to school, his/her parents will not give any financial support and the child can not do anything about it.
4. BAD PEER PRESSURE, some common reasons why children, and teens drop out are there bad peers. What are these bad pressure they are influencing to them?. Here are some examples ;(by: ashetreemeadow)
premarital sex [or even sex between minors]
under-age drinking liquor
drugs of any kind (marijuana, cocaine, shabu etc.)
even hygiene practices that are potentially unhealthy or harmful, like eating habits that lead to disorders
5. BAD VICES, Vice is a practice or a habit considered immoral, depraved, and/or degrading in the associated society(Wikipidea). Vices are like bad habits or addictions that is always considered as too much for a person.
This is an issue that most high school drop-outs even in elementary are addicted on this vices like drinking liquors,smoking, drug addiction, bad peer pressure even addiction in computer games can cause a drop outs in certain schools where it will lead to out of school youths who are a becoming an additional burden to our society.
6. DISTANT PARENTS, These is a good example for Over Seas Filipino Workers (OFW), OFW parents do distant parenting strategies. Which is not effective, said by Alvin Ang of the University of Santo Tomas working as a cites economist.
“Amid the tide of a nationwide rise of drop-outs and the slump of kids’ school participation and cohort survival, Ang rides against the commonly-held belief that distant parenting strategy doesn’t work”.(by the article of LUIS CARLO S. LIBERATO Feb. 24. 2011)
With this drop-outs more and more young Filipino get out of school and the distant parents do not have any idea that there children are already in the wrong pat.
7. CHILD LABOR, child Labor refers to the illegal employment of children below 18 years old in hazardous occupations. Under-age children are being forced to manual Labor to help their families mainly due to poverty. About 2.06 million children all around the Philippines are compelled to do Labor, such as in crop plantations, mining caves, rock quarries and factories.
Child Labor has many ill effects in children who are supposed to be in the environment of a classroom rather than roaming the streets and risking every chance, time and time again, to earn enough money. Although most do get the privilege of education, most end up being drop-outs and repeaters because they are not able to focus on their studies. Because of child Labor, children suffer from malnutrition, hampered growth and improper biological development. (Author: Anonymous) (source: http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/relgroup/menu.html)
8. BAD ENVIRONMENT, the environment of the learner has also an impact because students are discourage to go to schools because of terrorism like in some parts of Mindanao where class days are being stop for the fight between the soldiers and rebels adding to that is the kidnapping of teachers.
9. TEACHER FACTOR, some teachers in rural areas have an unruly attitude, who does not care if there students are coming to school or not weather they are teaching the right thing or not who always mocks punish children without any reason. This teachers are already considered incapable or ineffective teachers that only cares of there salary and not to his/her students.
10. LAZINESS, is the noun for lazy which mean the lack of desire to do something. Laziness can be arouse because of all the factor which was mentioned above where students are becoming lazy because of the lack of motivation that keeps them going.